PPHA's rooming houses are located in St Kilda, Elwood, Balaclava and Port Melbourne.
Vacancies in rooming houses regularly become available.
For information about how to apply, please see:
How do I apply for a Rooming House?
Employed and looking for housing?
PPHA provides safe and affordable long term housing to people who are employed and on low incomes, we have 1 and 2 bedroomed apartments in the following suburbs:
- Port Melbourne
Eligibility and How to Apply
All applicants must be over 18 years of age and meet the following criteria:
Australian Citizenship OR Permanent Residency Status
- Currently live in Victoria
- Able to live independently
- Assets less than $30,000 per household or $60,000 for households requiring Disability Modified Unit
- Stable employment history (at least 6 months)
- Income within limits see table below
Maximum Income Level
3 + person
Name of all adults requiring housing ( over 18)
- Date of birth
- Current address
- No and age of children ( under 18)
- Contact telephone number
- Email address
- Provide a copy of your latest payslip- you will be required to supply more if eligible
PPHA will assess your eligibility and contact you in due course as a vacancy occurs.
Download information on Affordable Community Housing for Employed People.
Persons on Pensions or Benefits and in need of housing
PPHA is preparing for the introduction of the Victorian Housing Register (VHR) and for this reason is no longer accepting General Housing Applications from persons on pensions or benefits.
For more information about the VHR and how to get on it, please see: